Reed in Partnership
Reed Wellbeing is an innovative organisation, rapidly developing into the market leading provider of unique public health services.
We help people lead healthier lives.
Our services help people improve their health. We provide easy-to-access, effective support that can help you feel fitter, healthier and happier. With our support, people make sustainable change that will help them improve their wellbeing, become healthier and reduce their chances of developing illnesses.
What the role is about:
Health & Wellbeing Coaches are responsible for the successful delivery of Reed Wellbeing’s world class health and wellbeing behavioural lifestyle interventions. Coaches are able to deliver both group-based and one-to-one health and wellbeing sessions.
For this role, the post holders will be required to solely deliver our adult weight management programme in a new fixed term project, until March 2022.
The post holders will be required to work as part of the One You Haringey team, specifically working with ethnic minority communities, to deliver a tailored AWM service.
The work stream which may involve evening and/or weekend work
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
• Identifying and working with specific community groups in Haringey to improve their health & wellbeing
• Tailoring delivery content to include the various cultural differences that effect health & wellbeing
• Delivering a number of face to face AWM courses to groups of up to 12 people
• Adapting your coaching to the variety of needs – e.g. promoting healthy eating, encouraging physical activity, improving confidence and/or mental wellbeing
• Referring programme members to local health and wellbeing support organisations
What’s in it for you?
Alongside a generous base salary and company benefits including a discount scheme, we’ll invest in your future offering scope for Continued Professional Development. This role offers immense job satisfaction and with a variety of contracts across the country, the opportunities are endless!
Required Skills & Experience:
• Experience of working in a customer facing and/or health and wellbeing environment
• Ability to evidence coaching skills and adaptability
• A minimum of 2 A-Levels or an equivalent Level 3 Diploma
• GCSE English Language at a minimum of a Grade B (or equivalent Level 2 qualification). OR achievement of a Level 2 in Literacy Assessment at interview stage.
• Willingness to continually learn and develop
• Engaging, enthusiastic, approachable and resilient personality
• Willingness to work flexible hours (e.g. help run activities outside of normal working hours).
• Understanding of the local health and wellbeing landscape
• Degree or relevant qualification. Degree topics may include psychology, sociology, social care/science.
• City & Guilds Health Trainer level 3 qualification or equivalent
Disability Confident Commitment
We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.