Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8am-5pm
Company: Very modern construction company, offering 25 days annual leave, Healthcare Cashback, a day to work at a Charity or your choice AND and on site gym.
As a Procurement Assistant, you will work within the Supply Chain and Procurement Department. Reporting to the Senior Materials Buyer, this role is key in providing day to day support to our Projects Teams and administrative assistance to the Supply Chain and Procurement team.
The day to day duties in your new job would be:
- Issue tender enquiries as necessary and progress the return of supplier quotations.
- Evaluate tender returns and present meaningful comparisons for review.
- File emails, tender enquiries, quotations and comparisons within SharePoint
- Liaise with operations to fulfil their day-to-day procurement requirements.
- Ensure that procurement is carried out in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Create Purchase Orders on internal procurement system (Sage)
- Ensure that all materials purchased are of appropriate quality and price and are delivered in a timely manner.
- Update relevant staff about the status of their request and delivery and maintain regular contact with supervisor on matters of procurement.
- Maintain up to date central electronic filing records of all relevant documentation.
- Be an integral part of the procurement team and support all members under the Senior Materials Buyer
- Maintain supplier Service Level Agreements, inc. price lists and Framework agreements on SharePoint
- Maintain Rebate details and update receipt and input onto SharePoint
- Attend site and staff meetings as and when required.
We’d love to speak to candidates with:
- Experience working in construction and procurement.
- Experience using Sage.
- Strong communication and organisational skills.
- The ability to work to strict deadlines and prioritising and planning workload.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Able to work under pressure in a multinational environment.
- Ability to have good innovations and initiatives.
If you’re interested in this position and have the skills and attributes listed above then please apply today.
* Please note if you’re suitable and your skills match the role you’ll receive an e-mail from us, remember to call us on ASAP/within 24 hours to discuss the position in further detail with Bonnie (Candidate Manager) or Nicola (Permanent Consultant). We look forward to your application.
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.